Tuesday 1 November 2011

The Gingerbread Man

The Farmer's wife walked across the kitchen. She drew a blade from the knife block on the counter and stuck into the pastry. Cutting a thin lifeless man into the pastry. Pulling the residue off from around the figure she laid the body on the work surface.
She opened the oven door
You shall be tea for the children she said
She took it out of the heat, it was burnt at the edges. The gingerbread man's solid indention of a face twitched.
You shall be for tea the woman said
Nope said the gingerbread man you are not having me. The Gingerbread man jumped off the baking tray and towards the door, he pushed it open and ran onto the farm. The wind pushing him back. Catching his breath he stopped.
I would like to eat you for my tea said the horse. He was by the fence
Nope the gingerbread man said you will not have me
The Gingerbread man scurried down a lane. A river lay ahead. Dark and deep. How was he supposed to get away. A fox walked up to the gingerbread man
I could help you across just get on my tail the Fox said
Thank you
He walked for the table and sat on it. The fox started swimming on the river. Water hitting the Gingerbread man's face. Wetting his dough feet. My feet are getting wet
Then go on my back
The Gingerbread man moved onto his back. Still wet. Still getting his feet wet. My feet are getting wet
Get onto my head said the fox
Then there was a crunch. A yell. The gingerbread man had been bitten by the fox. And with one quick snap he was gone.

2 comments:

  1. this is really good :) gingerbread man was one of my childhood favourites....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhys. You are in danger of being left on the road with some of your classmate. This blog must be up to date by Wednesday evening or you will be left behind.

    ReplyDelete